Team Profile - Kilmarnock Football Club
Kilmarnock FC played more of a rugby style game from the year of their formation in 1869 until their admission to the Scottish FA in 1873 and this early history of the club is the reason why Killie's ground is called Rugby Park.
The original ground bearing the name was occupied by the club not long after starting up in 1869 while the present day stadium dates from 1899.
In 1994 major building work was undertook to create three new stands and to upgrade the existing main stand.The process was completed in 1995 making Rugby Park one of Scotland's largest all-seated football grounds outside of Glasgow.
Directions to Rugby Park
Having been founded in 1869, Kilmarnock can claim to be the second oldest surviving Association football club in Scotland.
Killie started off as a rugby club but fully embraced the Association game in 1873 and the name of their stadium, Rugby Park, provides a curious link to their formative years.
The ground's record attendance was established in 1962 when 35,995 attended their Scottish Cup tie with Rangers.
Kilmarnock have won the Scottish Cup three times and in 1965 the club became champions, defeating challengers Hearts on the last day of the season to clinch the title in dramatic fashion.
Record since the SPL began
1998/99 - 4th
1999/00 - 9th
2000/01 - 4th
2001/02 - 7th
2002/03 - 4th
2003/04 - 10th
2004/05 - 7th
2005/06 - 5th
2006/07 - 5th
2007/08 - 11th
2008/09 - 8th
2009/10 - 11th
2010/11 - 5th
First SPL game
Kilmarnock 2-0 Dundee United - Aug 1, 1998
Kilmarnock capture keeper Sa...
Pat Fenlon is confident Hibe...
Kenny Shiels upbeat on Kris ...
Aberdeen: Derek McInnes thin...
Aberdeen spirit delights bos...
Brown: Defeat was deserved
Fenlon pleased with momentum...
Lennon admits to McGowan fea...