Dundee United FC Team Profile and History
Tannadice Stadium is located beside Dens Park, home of local rivals Dundee FC.
It was originally known as Clepington Park and started off life as the home of Dundee Wanderers.
When Dundee United were originally formed under the name of Dundee Hibernian in 1909 they took over the ground and renamed it after a nearby street.
The original L shaped main stand was completed in 1962 becoming the first cantilevered stand in Scotland.
The ground was significantly upgraded during the 1990s and the sale of Duncan Ferguson to Rangers in 1994 helped to finance the impressive East stand.
In 1997 the main stand was extended to run the entire length of the football pitch.
Directions to Tannadice
The Terrors started off life in 1909 as Dundee Hibernian but changed to their present title in 1923.
Tannadice's record attendance of 28,000 was set against Barcelona in 1966, while United's record victory was a 14-0 win over Nithsdale Wanderers in 1931.
The club's most successful era came in the 1980s under Jim McLean.
Along with two League Cup triumphs, the Premier Division title was secured in 1983. They reached the European Cup semi-finals in 1984 and were UEFA Cup finalists in 1987.
The Scottish Cup eluded them with six final defeats between 1974 and 1991, but in 1994 United celebrated winning the famous trophy with a 1-0 victory over Rangers.
Record since the SPL began
1998/99 - 9th
1999/00 - 8th
2000/01 - 11th
2001/02 - 8th
2002/03 - 11th
2003/04 - 5th
2004/05 - 9th
2005/06 - 9th
2006/07 - 9th
2007/08 - 5th
2008/09 - 5th
2009/10 - 3rd
2010/11 - 4th
First SPL game
Kilmarnock 2-0 Dundee United - Aug 1, 1998
Hibernian v Celtic
Scottish Cup: Hibernian capt...
Neil Lennon urged Kris Commo...
Ross County manager Derek Ad...
Hibernian boss demands focus...
Lennon wary of cup final ups...
Lennon welcomes SFA reprieve...
Lennon reveals Commons talk